On Sep 25, 2014, at 6:39 AM, Martin Bjorklund <m...@tail-f.com> wrote:

> Dean Bogdanovic <de...@juniper.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 24, 2014, at 5:19 PM, Andy Bierman
>> <a...@yumaworks.com<mailto:a...@yumaworks.com>> wrote:
>> We can allow multiple ephemeral data stores, but the only dependency
>> can be with the NC config datastore. Example:
>>
>> residential services
>> business services
>>

>>> What does this really mean?
>>> I did not understand the details at the interim.
>>> Does this mean each datastore has separate data models?
>>
>> yes, each data store has separate data models
>
> Now I am confused.  At the interim we agreed (and you argued for :)
> that the schema (= data models) is the same for the config and
> ephemeral datastore.
Here is an example. The device supports x number of features and has a data
model that represents the whole device. From that data model (schema), I decide
to build a service that is using only parts of all available and store it into
ephemeral DB, example L3VPN. Now in ephemeral only L3VPN service configurations
will be stored.