On Dec 1, 2014, at 12:59 PM, Andy Bierman <a...@yumaworks.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Fedyk, Don <don.fe...@hp.com> wrote:

I agree that only one should be mandatory and not both. And I would put
RESTCONF forward as sole candidate for i2rs (for reasons Andy described earlier
in this thread).

> The ephemeral datastore could have new rules, such as no locking
> and copy-config optional.  NETCONF text could be written
> explaining how the new datastore interacts will all possible NETCONF
> operations.

and that would create a very complex scenarios, which I would prefer to avoid

>  It would be less work to define the interactions in RESTCONF
> simply because there are relatively so few bells and whistles.

and that is exactly the reason why RESTCONF is right to do the job