After 25 years, it doesn't happen very often. It took a couple minutes while I was doing the dishes for the noisy bird I heard in my neighbor's crabapple to sink in as something special, but when I finally focused and grabbed my binocs and headed out the deck door, I was treated to a Carolina Wren.

Matthew Kenne
Algona, Iowa
mke...@netamumail.com

---
Please contribute your sightings to our list; it is only as good as members
make it!
---
Birding channel recommendation for FRS/GMRS radio use:
Primary selection; channel 5/0 , alternate selection; channel 6/0
---
This mailing list is sponsored by the Iowa Ornithologists' Union.  Membership
available on-line at http://www.iowabirds.org/iou/membership.asp.
-----
You are currently subscribed to ia-bird as: arch...@mail-archive.com