August Carideo asks:
>Any suggestions from the list for replacements of the below listed
products
>would be appreciated
>am assuming SYNC sort can be replace with IBM DFSORT, or CASORT but trying
>to avoid CA products
>CA Products
>ACF2

z/OS Security Server (RACF) - IBM Program Number 5694-A01

You may also wish to add one or a couple of the Tivoli zSecure products,
notably zSecure Admin and/or zSecure Visual, so the security administrators
are even happier and have less to learn.

>CA1

z/OS DFSMSrmm - 5694-A01

>CopyCat

Tivoli Tape Optimizer for z/OS - 5698-B26

>TPX

IBM Session Manager for z/OS (5697-N61). IBM has some other session
managers as alternatives, but look at ISM first.

>NetMaster

Most probably Tivoli NetView for z/OS (5697-ENV) and/or Tivoli OMEGAMON XE
for Mainframe Networks (5698-A35).

>Intertest

Debug Tool for z/OS - 5655-W45

>Detector for DB2

Most probably DB2 Query Monitor for z/OS (5697-I03), but you may also like
one or a couple of the IBM Optim tools, such as Optim Query Tuner for z/OS
and/or Optim Query Workload Tuner for z/OS.

>Plan Analyzer

DB2 Path Checker for z/OS (5697-Q01) and/or DB2 SQL Performance Analyzer
for z/OS (5697-I04). You might as well also get the IBM DB2 Accessories
Suite for z/OS, available at no additional charge to all licensed DB2 for
z/OS customers.

>Allocate

Tivoli Advanced Allocation Management for z/OS - 5697-P35

>Vantage

It depends on which pieces of Vantage you have, but you would be looking at
one or more of the following products, in some combination:

Tivoli Advanced Reporting for DFSMShsm - 5698-B14
Tivoli Advanced Audit for DFSMShsm - 5698-B12
Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Storage on z/OS - 5698-A37

>SymDump

Fault Analyzer for z/OS - 5655-W46

>XCOM

WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition for z/OS (5655-U80) or IBM Sterling
Connect:Direct for z/OS.

>RC/Update & Extract

For RC/Update probably DB2 Table Editor for z/OS (5697-G65) but you may
also want DB2 Administration Tool (5697-L90) if you don't have it already.
IBM Optim Test Data Management for IMS/VSAM/Sequential (5655-V17) may also
be applicable. For RC/Extract you would probably use IBM Optim Test Data
Management for z/OS (5655-V11). IBM File Manager (5697-Q03) may also be
useful.

>ASG Products
>ViewDirect

Probably Content Manager OnDemand for z/OS (5697-N93) or perhaps Tivoli
Output Manager for z/OS (5698-A26).

>Synsort Products
>Syncsort & SRAM

z/OS DFSORT - 5694-A01

>Data Direct Products
>SQLINK

I think DataDirect (now Progress Software) calls this product SequeLink. I
can't figure out what SequeLink does that DB2 doesn't already do by itself
(perhaps with DB2 Connect licensing, which you'd need anyway), so do you
still need SequeLink?

Hope that helps!

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples