By the book, this simple Rexx syntax should work, but I am unable to manipulate
the external stack in Rexx. The following simple program says "Queued: 0" and
the NETSTAT output gets executed at TSO logout (numerous IKJ56500I COMMAND
EZZ2587I NOT FOUND messages). The program:
  "Netstat STACK"
  say "Queued: " queued()

This is executed by: TSO EXEC 'MYLIB(ZNETSTAT)'

This seems to mean that queued() is not referencing the same stack that NETSTAT
is writing to. From what I read in the book, this should work. If it should
work and doesn't then I suspect there's a problem with the way Rexx is dealing
with TSO.

Any thoughts? Does this work for you?

- David

 + David G. Schlecht
 + Information Technology Professional
 + State of Nevada
 + Department of Information Technology
 + 775.684.4328
 This communication, including any attachments, may contain
 confidential information and is intended only for the individual or
 entity to whom it is addressed. Any review, dissemination or copying
 of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is
 strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
 contact the sender by reply e-Mail and delete all copies of the