Readers of this list will be well aware that if a PDS is allowed to take
extents,
and does, modules in the additional area may not be able to be fetched
because the DEB chain hasn't been updated.

Is the same true of a PDSE? The method of fetching a module is different from
a PDSE so this problem may not exist. I am not advocating that PDSE data
sets in the LINKLIST be allocated with the ability to take extents as a matter
of course, I am just seeking advice as to whether anyone has had this
situtation, and what happened. If it is no longer a problem, it may provide a
way out of certain problems from time to time.