Yes, I could do that, I suppose. I'm a bit lazy. Also, my manager dislikes
non-vendor stuff because "who's going to support it if you leave?" Which is now
hilarious to me. Why? Because we are now running unsupported software and we're
having problems with it. Since we don't have source code, being a vendor
product, we can't fix it at all. So in one case I'm converting about 2000 VSAM
datasets. The product runs well on 1.10, but fails on 1.12, so 1.12 conversion
is delayed. In another case, a Windows product is producing graphs and they are
wrong. We have nobody here who knows the product and no support. Why is it in
z/OS Tech Services domain? I don't know. Our response to the users of the
graphs: "Too bad. We don't know the product. We can't get support or training
because it's not in the budget."

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets®

9151 Boulevard 26 . N. Richland Hills . TX 76010
(817) 255-3225 phone .
john.mck...@healthmarkets.com . www.HealthMarkets.com

HealthMarkets® is the brand name for products underwritten and issued by the
Company®, Mid-West National Life Insurance Company of TennesseeSM and The MEGA
Life and Health Insurance Company.SM