On Tue, 27 May 2008 16:21:26 -0500, Mark Zelden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>On Tue, 27 May 2008 14:40:35 -0500, McKown, John
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>It's been a long time since I've done this, so I'm actually reading the
>>book. I have a very simple IEFUJI exit to implement. But I want to write
>>a message as to why I am failing a job. The book says not to use WTO
>>ROUTCDE=11 to write to the JESMESSAGE for a STC or TSO user. Is batch
>>OK? Is there a better way?
>>

>Mine writes a WTO for JOB, STC, and TSO (no OMVS) when sizes larger than
>the defaults are used or for 0M.  The WTO goes to the syslog, not the TSU.
>I use ROUTCDE=(2).

I must have been in a daze yesterday.  I obviously didn't read your post
carefully, starting with the subject line since I thought you were referring to
IEFUSI.

I have used WTO in an IEFUJI.  But looking at the code I can see I checked
for STC/TSU and branched out (by checking JMRCLASS for x'00' or blank).
The WTO was to ROUTCDE=(11).    I have another example (one I didn't
write) that uses ROUTCDE=(10).

Mark
--
Mark Zelden