I can use the assembler TIME macro to create a time of day and date in
various formats
I can use the assembler STCKCONV macro to convert a TOD clock value to
time of day and date.
( Zeller's Congruence. gives me the day.)
It all comes from the TOD which represents microseconds since 00:00:00 UTC
on January 1, 1900 (the epoch)

However, Unix system services presents time in the format of  'time' and
'time_64'.
This is the time in seconds since 00:00:00 (UTC), January 1, 1970 (a
different epoch and measurement increment).

(Tourist info -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_time )

My question is:-
How do I create a human readable date / time value in an assembler program
from the unix 'time' value. ?

I started thinking about converting seconds to microseconds, removing the
70 years and then using STCKCONV,
Then I thought about a whole bunch of divide instructions.
Then I thought, someone must do this. There has to be an easier way.
Tony Dean
National Australia Bank
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
No Statements Flagged in this Assembly