On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 08:20:18 -0500, Mark Zelden wrote:

>On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 01:30:37 -0300, Claudio Marcio wrote:
>
>>see the first lines of the my exec rexx
>>
>>****** ***************************** Top of Data
>>******************************
>>==MSG> -Warning- The UNDO command is not available until you change
>>==MSG>           your edit profile using the command RECOVERY ON.
>>000100  say 'Este programa informa em que dia da semana foi ou sera o Natal
>>000200  em determinado ano, que ano quer saber ?'
>>000300 pull year
>>
>>before run, appears this message??
>>
>> : F   & Bsay 'Este programa informa em que dia da semana foi ou sera o
>>IKJ56545I THIS STATEMENT HAS AN INVALID SYMBOLIC VARIABLE
>
>You need a single quote at the end of line 100 and a comma after that to

It's worse than that.  "IKJ56545I" is a TSO message, which suggests that
the script was not recognized as a Rexx EXEC.  But in his first post in
this thread:

       Date:         Tue, 7 Oct 2008 02:12:59 -0300
    when I run my exec REXX the error appears:
         1 +++ ?
    IRX0013I Error running BRAS, line 1: Invalid character in program

... clearly a Rexx message.  Is Claudio changing the conditions of the
problem without informing us?  Or is his script being interpreted as a
CLIST, or open code in SYSTSIN, which contains a token which causes an
invalid Rexx exec to be invoked?

Is this being done in batch?  Foreground TSO?  Other (specify)?  We
need more context.

-- gil