On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:47:26 -0600, Lieven Borgs <lieven.bo...@sun.com>
wrote:

>Does Z/OS 1.8 and above still support the 3278 device type and is only the
>hardware support for the real physical 3278's dropped?
>
>Any idea where i can find thios on the IBM site?

I can't speak for the rest of z/OS, but z/OS Console support continues to
support all of the 3270 family devices that it has always supported. That has
not changed with z/OS R8 or any later release. Assuming you can find and
configure the physical devices, we'll continue to talk to them. These days,
most everybody is running an emulator of some kind or another and as long as
they adhere to the 3270 architecture and mimic a device that we support,
we'll talk to them too. I believe the list of devices that we support is listed
in
the CONSOLxx section of the z/OS Initialization and Tuning Reference book
which is available from the Boulder download site.

W. Kevin Kelley  IBM POK Lab -- z/OS Core Technical Development