From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Nguyen Dt
Sent: Saturday, July 4, 2020 8:48 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Assembler question

Dear lister,
I am learning assembler on my own, i have something strange that i can't
explain , please help me to understand

Here is a section of my code :

608 DBLWORD  DS  D                DBLE WORD

609 PATTERN6 DC  X'402020202120'
610 *

611 REPORTO7 DS  0CL274

612 OW0007DB DS  XL2

613 OW0007OB DS  XL2

614 OW0007AC DS  F

615 OW0007NP DS  H

616 OW0007PT DS  F

617 OW0007PF DS  CL256

618 *

And here is the listing at compilation

0007FE                              611 REPORTO7 DS  0CL274

0007FE                              612 OW0007DB DS  XL2

000800                              613 OW0007OB DS  XL2

000804                              614 OW0007AC DS  F

000808                              615 OW0007NP DS  H

00080C                              616 OW0007PT DS  F

I don't undestand why OW0007OB is 2 bytes  , but on the left it is considered
as 4 bytes long , the same for QW0007NP I read something with alignment obut it
seems to concern constants , and this is not constant ?

Thank you for clarification

This e-mail message has been scanned and cleared by Google Message Security
and the UNICOM Global security systems. This message is for the named
person's use only. If you receive this message in error, please delete it
and notify the sender.