-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Phil Smith III
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2023 14:29

Bob, it was a comedy. And a great one-I saw it first-run or thereabouts and
have VERY fond memories of it. Opening scene, which first Star Wars movie
kind of borrowed, has the ship moving majestically across the screen. Then
it just.stops.

Dark Star I'm sure was meant to be funny; I remember a rumor that Ice
Pirates was supposed to be a serious science fiction movie, and that partway
through filming, someone looked at the rushes and said "This had better be a
comedy", so they made it into one.