From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Tomasz Rola <rto...@ceti.com.pl>
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2023 6:22:46 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: Re: Bill Johnson

On Mon, Sep 18, 2023 at 07:24:23PM +0000, Darren Evans-Young wrote:
> I have removed Bill Johnson from the IBM-MAIN list and you all know why.
>
> He has now officially lodged a complaint against me accusing me of
> discrimination and violating his 1st Amendment rights.  This
> complaint was sent to the President and the Chief Administrative
> Officer at The University of Alabama.

I think I can understand why he was enraging some users. Myself, I
just learned to skip over.

> Worst case, I'll have to dissolve IBM-MAIN. If you are at a
> university that hosts listserv lists, and would be able to host
> IBM-MAIN in the event I'm told to take the list down, please contact
> me off-list (dar...@ua.edu<mailto:dar...@ua.edu>).

In case of worst case, what is going to happen to the archives of this
list and few (?) other related ones? Will there be "quick unplug" or
some warning? What about rights of users affected by unplugging, who
are not going/willing to use discord?

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola