On 2/19/24 15:09, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Mon, 19 Feb 2024 19:31:11 +0000, Pew, Curtis G wrote:
If you’re still seeing bash on a Mac that probably means you started using it
before the switch. It’s been a while, but when they switched the default I had
to do something (probably in Terminal) to get it to switch for me. (It used to
prompt you to switch if you opened with a bash shell.) There’s still bash
available on MacOS, but it’s a rather old version, 3.2.57 while the current
stable release is 5.2.21.

1377 $ bash --version
GNU bash, version 5.2.26(1)-release (x86_64-apple-darwin21.6.0)

I'd like to know where the source code is for BASH 5.2.26. Best I could find today was/is 5.2.21, which is dated November so is kinda current.

Talk to me, Gil. Where'd you get that? Brew? Who's behind that particular build? (I mean, did they put their names on it? Did they provide contact info?)
Thanks.

-- R; <><