> Last, but not least: for regular mailing I use Thunderbird. But for "un-spamming" I have to use web browser interface.

Same here:
This is a GMail account, and TBird works well, but the logic to tell GMail "this is not spam" is only via their web interface.

The problem is not (or is not entirely) a fault of LISTSERV nor of UA email. The university provides this forum as a free service to the mainframe community. But the point I want to make in this paragraph is: it's an arms race. Worse, it's getting more and more difficult for anything outside the space of what Google and Hotmail and Yahoo understand (and control) to engage in email. This is a driving factor in the migration of some of us (Lionel raised his hand weeks ago) to platforms such as Discord.

For my part, I'm interested in peering with sites which don't have an allergy to LISTSERV and things like it. One thing I would ask the list manager(s): allow attachments. I could sign every message with PGP if only LISTSERV would not reject such posts.

-- R; <><