+1.

ARC is not a solution, but it is a good part of the problem. It’s not hard to
see how our fall back to defocusing, the de-emphasis of the DKIM Policy Model
in lieu of Reputation Modeling creating this issue.

Every issue we have today is nearly 100% because of the lob-sided efforts to
impose a DKIM Reputation Model on receivers when it was predicted during MARID
and into early DKIM that if we do this, we will have issues related to the
"Batteries Required" Syndrome.

- No standard Reputation Protocol
- No single repository of GOOD vs BAD domains
- To be somewhat effective, Batteries Requires (paid 3rd party service)
- Exploiters attacking those without Batteries.

This is why the original DKIM Charter tried really hard to focus on
Deterministic Protocols rather than Heuristic Protocols based on the Author
Domain. The original DKIM Charter considered “Reputation Modeling” out of scope.

Now it is in scope and we are dealing with issues that can not be solved — not
without addressing the DKIM Policy Model for 1st and 3rd party signers.

If the group effort is to be able to write a PS for DKIM + Reputation Modeling,
we should highly note it was all perpetuated by our defocus of DKIM Policy
Modeling and the lack of will to fix DMARC.

—
HLS