> On Feb 3, 2024, at 8:23 AM, Alessandro Vesely <ves...@tana.it> wrote:
>
> On Fri 02/Feb/2024 14:34:22 +0100 Hector Santos wrote:
>> Of course, the MUA is another issue.  What read order should be expected for
>> Oversign headers?  Each MUA can be different although I would think streamed
>> in data are naturally read sequentially and the first display headers found
>> are used in the UI.
>

> Yeah, which is the opposite of DKIM specified order.

>>   Only To: is allowed to be a list.
>

> RFC 5322 specifies lists for From:, To:, Cc:, Bcc:, Reply-To:, Resent-From:,
> Resent-To:, Resent-Cc: and Resent-Bcc:.

My comment was regarding the MUA and the order data is read. I wonder which
MUAs will display a list for Display fields From: and Resent-*. If any.  Are
all of these OverSign targets?

if we go down this road, the recommendation might be to always sign all
headers, including the missing, including ARC and trace headers and before
signing, reorder specific headers to DKIM-ready MUA read-order standards, if
any.

Are MUAs now doing verifications and filtering failures?  Or is it the backend,
the host, the MDA, that is still generally responsible for doing the
verification and mail filtering before passing it on to users?

All the best,
Hector Santos