Hi,
Looking at how much time they took to finish 66% of Hurd, I think it's
going to be a looong wait to finish the rest. Most of the FOSS
community has simply given up on Hurd - often, it's a big joke.

On the other hand, it is not the linux kernel that looks lacking now.
The desktop UI metaphor itself looks old. Many including Bill Gates
predicted the death of mouse and keyboard in favour of a more natural
UI. But we are still waiting. Perhaps the MeeGo platform (the project
merged from Moblin and Maemo) is a first step.

Regards,
Gokul Das