Hi,
  The device "18ec:3299 USB 2.0 PC Camera (model number QC3231) by
ArkMicro" is supported by Linux UVC driver
(link<http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/>)
completely. It is available by default in kernel version 2.6.26 and newer.
To see if you have that kernel, try 'uname -r' command. A kernel update is
recommended for older kernels. Please do post the outcome.

Regards,
Gokul Das