My apologies to Sasi sir (Shri.V. Sasi Kumar, Free Software Foundation of
India) for cross posting his mail to SMC here. I do believe that this issue
will become prominent very soon - as the latest windows 8 may compulsorily
require UEFI + Secure Boot in place of the age old BIOS. Newer systems may
all have only UEFI. The Secure Boot technology in present form is mostly
harmless for advanced users who want to install their own OSs line
Gnu/Linux (either with some extra effort, or by disabling secure boot).
Novice may find the extra steps associated with secure boot a little
intimidating. But a danger exists that the market monopolies may coax the
system manufacturers (OEMs) to take away options to disable secure boot or
add your own keys. If that happens, it will become impossible to install
other OSs without rooting the motherboard. I am leaving this here for
further thoughts.

Regards,
Gokul Das