Hi,
  Apologies for reopening an old topic again. There was a discussion a
few months back about a meeting, but no follow up was seen. Did the
meeting happen? And if so, what was the outcome?

  Even if a meeting did happen, I believe that another one is long
overdue. From experience, meetings, even small ones are followed by
sudden rise in mail list and community activity. Looking at the
mailing list, I feel that this community need one such event soon.

  The holidays could be a good opportunity (assuming that students are
not held down by exams). Assuming that there will be quite a few
people interested in a meeting, I urge someone to take lead in
deciding the venue and time and ushering participation. (I am
interested, but I would much prefer college students to lead).

  Please express your willingness here. And if we can agree on a
meeting, please do suggest some topics and activities we can take up.

Regards,
Gokul Das