At 10:05 AM 10/10/2005, you wrote:
Hi John,

Thanks for your activity on the forum - the more active our customers are,
the more feedback we are able to cull from the market for driving future
plans for the product line.

I'm the Director of Product Management at Ipswitch for all products but am
particularly involved with the Messaging product line.  We're made some
decisions in the past that we've subsequently reversed and can clearly see
how they have caused friction and confusion in the marketplace.

There's lots of work ahead of us but the more feedback, the better.  We are
in the process of incorporating this customers and market feedback into the
Messaging product line and have started rolling out some of the changes.
The first one, albeit a small one, is renaming ISP/EDU Edition to IMail
Secure and offering it at all 5 user tiers, versus today where it's only
Unlimited Users.  The IMail Secure at 5 user levels is a direct response to
customers who wanted to renew their IMail and their Symantec Anti-Virus
subscription but did not want any collaboration (Instant Messaging or
WorkGroup Share).  Expect more changes later this quarter.

Regarding the Beta, we have currently deployed Beta Build #3 and have
received some good feedback and overall response to the new direction.   As
you noted, it's different in many respects, "from the ground up".  If anyone
is interested in joining the Beta and trying out the new Web Messaging
(client and server), new Anti-Hammering/Dictionary attach capability and
other features, please contact me ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) and I'll put you in
touch with the Beta Administrator.

bye for now,

kg

Kevin,
Will there be a version of IMail without Symantec Anti-Virus? Many of us use IMail, but have another anti-virus solution. Right now I believe we can only buy service agreements on existing "stand alone" IMail.

Thanks,

Mike

---