Hi Bill,

This is not really complicated. I usually setup the new server running the
IMail Setup, or in our case, we're using our software distribution.

The only thing you should watch: Choose the same application folder for IMail,
eg. C:\IMail, C:\Program Files\IMail as the old one and do not add any domains
on the new server.

After that export from the registry HKLM\Software\ipswitch\IMail\Domains. Stop
all IMail related services  on the new baby and import the registry. Don't
forget to copy all the data from the hosts and the spool directory into the
same location on the new server.

If you want to keep all settings from the old server, you can export the
registry from one level above: HKLM\Software\ipswitch\IMail. If you're deciding
to change some directories, you can change it directly in registry.

At the end, start the IMail services.

Am Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2005 um 17:51 schrieben Sie:

> We're waiting on our new mail server to come in and I wanted some
> opinions as what the best method of moving from one server to a new one?
> Is it best to set it up and move one domain at a time or wholesale?

> Thanks,

> Bill

> Knowledge Base/FAQ: http://www.ipswitch.com/support/IMail/

Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen