Stephen,

Dump IMAIL.  Smartertools will welcome you with open arms and for 1/10th the cost.  I made the move and have been very happy with smartermail.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stephen T. Wheeler
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 2:01 PM
To: IMail_Forum@list.ipswitch.com
Subject: [IMail Forum] Amazing IPSwitch Problems

This is really amazing; the recent special to renew the imail service agreement caught my attention and it seemed like ipswitch was finally interested in providing a product that was not simply about trying to screwing existing customers. So, based on the information in this newsletter, and discussions with ipswitch I decided to take advantage of the offer and purchase a new service agreement. I purchased from “Jenny” at CDW as recommended here. BIG MISTAKE. She somehow managed to sit on my order until the offer expired, then informed me that the product had been discontinued! I even have documentation confirming my purchase on 11/23.

So I called ipswitch to see what they could do – well, they said the product no longer exist (a service agreement mind you!) but they would be happy to sell me the latest “cross-grade” at a 25% discount. I was absolutely amazed that ipswitch would not honor the original offer. I had provided them with supporting documentation showing that I had in fact purchased the service agreement from CDW on 11/23 and CDW screwed up the order, but they still refuse to honor the original offer. They even believed they were doing me some sort of favor by offering me a discounted cross-grade. Anyhow, it really felt like a bait and switch job and had I been unsure, that conversation convinced me that I do not want to purchase anything ipswitch going forward.

Hey ipswitch: I have rarely seen such poor customer relations. I am now convinced that I do not want to use any ipswitch products going forward. So, ip you have lost me as a customer, which probably doesn’t matter to you since I am a small customer, but realize that I am out there working as a network / software consulting company and a lot of big companies happen to be clients; you can bet I will never recommend another ipwsitch product.

Anybody have any good recommendations for an imail replacement?

Sincerely,

SteveWheeler