Is there an 'A' record for the windows name of the server? I belevie this is
whet the error message is refering to. MS DNS has issues if the DNS server
it self does not have an 'A' record. If the machines name is actually 'ns'
then you would need an  'A' record for 'ns' but if you have named it
something else then you will need an a record for that name.

Look in My Computer -> Properties -> Computer Name Tab -> Full Computer Name

Does this have an 'A' record?

Kevin Bilbee

wnload/release/

Defuse Dictionary Attacks: Turn Exchange or IMail mailboxes into IMail
Aliases!

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/exchange2aliases/downloa
d/release/

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/ldap2aliases/download/re