Still no response from their regular support on this specific issue… And the clock keeps ticking.

Fortunately my MX is an ASSP box so I have blocked inbound SMTP(25) for everyone except known customers. I’m watching my firewall logs and trying to catch the ones I missed. This whole absurd situation is costing me a LOT of money having to have someone ride herd over it. Good thing I paid for my SA last time it came up.

-Jason

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jason Loven
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 10:47 AM
To: Imail_Forum@list.ipswitch.com
Subject: [IMail Forum] Imail support (or lack thereof)

So following the thread on SA’s and the SMTP vuln I sent in a support request to Ipswitch via email. I got the ticket number back. That was a day ago and since then I haven’t heard a peep out of them about it. The email I sent in simply asked if the SMTP vulnerability affected all 8.2x versions. One would think they’d at least respond with any of the following: “Yes”, “No”,  “we don’t know but we’re investigating”.

Thank you,

Jason Loven

Manager - Technical Services Department

Computer Associates, Inc.
36 Thurber Blvd, Smithfield RI 02917
Phone: (401)232-2600, Fax: (401)232-7778
Email:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Web: http://www.cainetserv.com/