>> >  I  would  also be interested... I think there are some of us out
>> here  >  who  are just sitting here with our fingers crossed.. (and
>> anti-spam > in front of imail)..
>>
>>If you're gatewaying, though, you wouldn't need any help.

> can you elaborate for the routing/technically challenged..

We're  talking about the HELO misbehavior with IP-less virtuals that's
only avoidable in 2006.1, correct?

Well,  when  you said you've got anti-spam in front of IMail, I assume
this  means  you  can  gateway  your  outgoing  mail  through it, thus
funneling it all through the same HELO/IP combo.

But  this  thread  has become kind of split between discussions of (a)
the  HELO  misbehavior  and  (b)  the  SMTPD  vulnerability, which are
different issues.

With  (a),  not  everyone  experiences the issue... but if you do, you
can't  fix it within IMail until 2006.1, which is why I was offering a
solution without upgrading.

With  (b), everyone is theoretically exposed to the issue... but it is
fixed in 8.22 as well as in 2006.04a.

--Sandy

Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist
Broadleaf Systems, a division of
Cypress Integrated Systems, Inc.
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SpamAssassin plugs into Declude!
  http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/SPAMC32/download/release/

Defuse Dictionary Attacks: Turn Exchange or IMail mailboxes into IMail Aliases!

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/exchange2aliases/download/release/

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/ldap2aliases/download/release/