Sending is fine (SMTP-Service) but retrieving not (pop3-service) but only
for one virtual domain?

It's not just one virtual domain, apparantly. I created 2 test email
accounts and set them up in Outlook, on a server in the remote site that is
having issues. I sent test messages with small attachments, one at a time to
both email addresses. One email address was in the primary domain
(floridadistillers.com) and the other was in the virtual domain. BOTH
attachments in both messages downloaded slower than molasses.

These same messages download fine for both accounts, at my main site.

I have contacted verizon once again and told them to retest the WAN line
because the issues hadn't cleared up, even though they couldnt find anything
wrong last week.

What happens if you try to connect to the server via telnet on port 110 with
some pop3-commands

I haven't tried this yet, but webmail, site to site browsing and RDP work
fine. Receiving messages with NO attachments work fine too. It's just the
downloading of the attachments that seems to be messed up. It just doesnt
make any sense!