Are  you planning on implementing an open source (e.g. www.asterisk.org)
solution or a proprietary one?

I believe we are going with whatever Cisco uses. We are getting our
direction from our new, parent company. They are the ones requiring us to do
this.

Are you going to be doing the design, sizing, and installation yourself or
are you having an outside vendor do it?

I probably have the option of going either way on this. I'd prefer to design
it myself and perhaps get an outside vendor if we need more/different
cabling, but I'm open to either. At the moment, I don't know enough about it
to make that call. I do know that even if we do use an outside vendor for
the initial design and implementation, I still better know how to fix it
when it breaks :)