Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused

550 means,usually that they are blocking it.

TR

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Todd Richards
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 10:46 AM
To: Imail_Forum@list.ipswitch.com
Subject: [IMail Forum] Undeliverable Mail

Hi Everyone -

One of my users is getting this error when trying to send to a recipient
outside of our server.  I did a little searching and found that it could be
a) their server is simply refusing mail from our server, or b) the person
who is sending the message has an issue with their domain name (their domain
is a virtual domain on our mail server).

Any additional thoughts on how to fix this, or if it can be fixed?  I rarely
see any of these come through, which I think is a good sign.  But then they
puzzle me when they do!

We are running IMail 8.2x with the latest version of Declude.

Todd

Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

This is the mail system at host sophos.graceu.edu.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to
one or more recipients. It's attached below.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own
text from the attached returned message.

                   The mail system

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: host 172.16.100.253[172.16.100.253] said: 550
5.7.1
    Requested action not taken: message refused (in reply to end of DATA
    command)