>I have a mailing list subscriber with the address
>"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" ... toothfairy.com is hosted by iname, and has
>multiple inbound MX records.

3 which are dead:

Errors
o The primary mail server "mail-intake-1.iname.net." does not respond
     The mail server "mail-intake-1.iname.net.", which is a primary
     mail server for "toothfairy.com.", does not seem to be working.

o The secondary mail server "mail-intake-2.iname.net." does not
   respond
     The mail server "mail-intake-2.iname.net.", which is a secondary
     mail server for "toothfairy.com.", does not seem to be working.

o The secondary mail server "mail-intake-3.iname.net." does not
   respond
     The mail server "mail-intake-3.iname.net.", which is a secondary
     mail server for "toothfairy.com.", does not seem to be working.

>However, Imail is trying to deliver to
>yahoo

yep

# dig -x 216.136.129.18

; <<>> DiG 8.2 <<>> -x
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 2
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      18.129.136.216.in-addr.arpa, type = ANY, class = IN

;; ANSWER SECTION:
18.129.136.216.in-addr.arpa.  5M IN PTR  mta-v13.mail.yahoo.com.

>(see session below) ... when I check the DNS records from my own
>DNS machine (mail.stat.com) it does not show yahoo in the mx records,
>so I have no idea how Imail thinks this is a valid machine to deliver
>it to ... anyone have any ideas?

what is the ip address of the DNS that your Imail is using?

Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : Binary for ISC BIND 8.2.3 T9B for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways