I agree. I, too, administer a corporate server. My Declude/F-Prot have
obvious advantages, but I also use filters as additional brute-force
protection. I do not want my employees attaching 'fun' exe's and installing
them all over the place or catching an undefined virus, or using company
email for inappropriate usage.

Since I'm responsible for disinfecting viruses and also fixing broken OS's
I have reserved the right to be strict with attachments regardless of virus
protection. All this plus the legal implications of inappropriate corporate
email usage.

My 2 or 3 cents worth (as I avoid doing what I'm really supposed to be
doing right now).