on 1/25/02 2:54 PM, R. Scott Perry wrote:

>> The message was from a subscriber who was entering
>> our weekly contest by clicking on a link on our web page, and sending an
>> answer to [EMAIL PROTECTED] The "to" of the message was
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] but the X-RCPT-TO: was [EMAIL PROTECTED] (my boss's
>> address). Messages are going from Post.Office to IMail.
>
> Did you check the SMTP log file to see how Post.Office sent it?  You should
> see a "RCPT TO:" line in the log file that will show whether Post.Office
> sent "RCPT TO: [EMAIL PROTECTED]" or "RCPT TO: [EMAIL PROTECTED]".

It says helpdesk but the message went to the X-RCPT-TO address which was my
boss's address. We don't know how the X-RCPT-TO address got there.

>> I just discovered something interesting. I have a D6f3012c.SM$ and a
>> T6f3012c.SMD in there right now. I would think they would be related. I
>> looked at the "T" message and it is the message that the subscriber tried to
>> send to [EMAIL PROTECTED] The "D" message is not her actual message but
>> it is a different message addressed to my boss from another employee.
>>
>> It looks like IMail took the message associated with "T" message and sent it
>> to the address associated with the remaining "D" message and this could
>> explain the problems we are having.
>
> The T file is an E-mail that is currently being received (the person
> sending it is still connected via TCP/IP).

Well the computer is still online, but the message was sent at 9:44am (8+
hours ago).

> If there is also a D file, something is FUBAR.  IMail should NOT use a T
> file with the same name as a D file.

Many other people have mentioned in previous posts about IMail sending
messages to the wrong mailbox. It seems, totally unqualified opinion
follows, that IMail has trouble when it is receiving many messages at the
same time. This problem happened everyday during the time billing was
sending out 200 - 500 bills. Today's incident involved two other people who
were sending messages at the same time also (I only have 12 people testing
this server right now).

Technical support is supposed to call me Monday morning, so I'll see what
they say.

Thanks,
Greg