> >I have read a document that running two different kinds of anti-virus
> >scanners can significantly reduce the risk of getting hit.
>
> Well, I think "significantly" is a bit of an overstatement, but you will
> almost certainly get an increased level of protection with multiple virus
> scanners.  That's one reason why our Declude Virus Pro has support for
> multiple virus scanners (up to 5 of them).
>
> Usually the only time that one scanner would miss a virus that another
> would catch is if the virus was just discovered, and one of the AV scanners
> had updated virus definitions but the other did not have them yet.
>
> >Has anyone run the IMail Anti-virus engine (Symantec) and F-Prot together?
> >Were there any problems?  What would be your suggestions?
>
> You can't use F-Prot alone to scan E-mail.  In order to use F-Prot to scan
> E-mail, you would need our Declude Virus software.
>
> However, there should be no problem using both IMail AntiVirus and
> Declude/F-Prot.  In that situation, IMail AntiVirus would scan the E-mail
> first, and Declude Virus and F-Prot would act as the "backup" in case
> anything slipped through.

To add two cents:  F-Secure Anti-Virus uses three scan engines including f-prot.
We have it working with Declude.  If you are looking for anti-virus in the
corporate setting, put the Total Anti-Virus Suite on your short list.  It is
licensed by user which includes their home PC and is very reasonable cost.  It also
includes unlimited installs on servers; that would include your iMail server(s).

Dan