I am not aware of a way to get the number of messages for all users at once.

However, you could write a bat file that traverses the users folder getting the
date/size of main.mbx and the use the date/size from there as a start. We do this with
the batch file results the folder name, main.mbx size and date all on one line.  Take
it to excel and sort how you want.

once you have the date/sizes, you could review and inactivate them and set an info
manager as a responder if they get mail.  that way, if a week or two goes by and
you've heard no access complaints, go ahead and delete.  Also with the responder any
mail they receive the sender address gets written to a main.snt file in the users
folder. If it exists, they got mail since the responder was set, if no mail, no
main.snt

If they get mail or they compain,you could re-activate the account with their info
still intact.

just a thought. bob