From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:IMail_Forum-owner@;list.ipswitch.com] On Behalf Of Eric Shanbrom
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 8:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [IMail Forum] webmail issue?

Is he on a dial-up at home? We have seen this happen and the only thing
we found that helped was to optimized the user's MTU (for 95/NT/2000 or
IPPacketSize for 98/ME/XP) settings for modem use. Most windows OS's
will set this to 1500 which if fine for a LAN. Dial-up should be
considerably lower (576 is the recommended setting). There is a utility
available called DR. TCP that will check, recommend, and set it for you
rather than having them mucking around in the registry.

Let me know if this helps. It has in most cases.

Eric S