Event ID:       28
Date:           7/31/2003
Time:           6:38:50 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       WWW
The server stop serving requests for application '/LM/w3svc/695/ROOT'
because the number of Out of Process component crashes exceed a limit.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the
Microsoft Online Support site located at:

I also see on the browser a message that says:

Server Application Error
The server has reached the maximum recovery limit for the application
during the processing of your request.

I tried the MS fixes and I am starting to run the Jrun fix from
Macromedia for ColdFusion.

Do you run CF?

I posted this question on the IIS forum and received this:

The error means that the application has crashed and been
automatically
restarted an number of times. IIS has now seen, that the problem is
continuing and stopped restarting the application to protect the
system.

To identify the cause of the crash, you can use IISState
(www.iisfaq.com/iisstate) in crash mode to tell you why the failure
occurred. Just run it in crash mode against the dllhosts. It will
attach
and wait for a crash to occur. When it does, it will spit out a log.
If
you need help w/the analysis, you can post the log to the group.

iisstate -p <pid for dllhost> -sc <enter>

I have also seen others with this problem lately since I started
researching it.

John Cesta

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 11:33:58 -0400, Troy Hilton wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've been having problems with my IIS 5 crashing about once daily.
> The log
> files give errors pertaining to:
>
> "Out of process application '/LM/W3SVC/15/Root' terminated
> unexpectedly."
> and
> "The server stop serving requests for application
> '/LM/W3SVC/17/Root'
> because the number of Out of Process component crashes exceed a
> limit."
>
> I've been researching the event IDs without success. I understand
> that a
> component of some sort isn't running but admittedly I'm not smart
> enough to
> know which one or how to figure this out. This problem started 2
> days ago.
>
> Please, anyone with insight on this please contact me off list.
> BTW, I did
> install the latest patches but not until after today's crash. For
> all I know
> this may be resolved, but I want to understand what's wrong as well
> as fix
> it.
>
> THANKS!!!
>
> Troy Hilton
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

ColdFusion ASP ActiveState PERL Hosting
Includes 10 Domains - 100% Browser Based Administration
http://www.cybersmarts.net

LogFileManager - IIS LogFile Management Tool
WebPageChecker - Helps Maintain Server UpTime
http://www.serverautomationtools.com