-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 9:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [IMail Forum] OT - Spam generated with My Domain

>This is not an iMail problem, but many people on this list have much more
>mail expertise than I do. I have been getting many messages over the last
>couple of days like the following. It appears that someone is using one of
>my domains, but not my mail server to send spam. I am getting the bounce
>messages.

This is very, very common, and is referred to as a "Joe Job".  Almost all
spammers use someone else's return address.  They don't want to have to
deal with all the complaints and bounced E-mails!  :)

>What if anything can I do to stop this.

There are no technical measures that you can take to stop it -- it's the
same as trying to prevent someone from writing your home address as the
return address of actual mail that they send.  It can't be done.

What you can do is try to track down the spammer and use social or legal
measures to stop it.  However, this will often be very difficult.

                                                    -Scott
---
Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver
vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask about our free 30-day evaluation.

---
(http://www.declude.com)]