Wanted to pass along an 'always be ready' type of story:
About 30 minutes ago our person who adds/changes accounts on the Imail system was
planning to delete inactive accounts. She opened Imail Admin and selected the inactive
users so she could delete the accounts. She marked the boxes for the individuals and
then went to press the delete icon in the Administrator program...

well, she must have had the users folder highlighed or something because the message
came up 'do you want to delete the selected users?' and she said yes and the Users
folder in the Imail admin went blank.... NO USERS!!!!

Check mail failed (of course, no accounts) and the calls started.

We checked the Users folder and the user folders were there (in the Imail directory)

I then remembered we were backing up the Imail registry on a nightly basis, so I found
the backup of the registry and loaded it. Opened the Imail Admin, and VIOLA!!! users
reappeared (thank goodness!!!) Had to fix some accounts that were modfied/added today
but that was pretty minimal.

Anyway, wanted to pass along our little heart palpitation exercise so those of you who
maybe are not backing up the registry will hear about possibilites....

BTW: I hate that Ipswitch does not give you a count of users you are about to delete
so this type of thing would be easier to check before it happens....

I am now ready for a shower..... bob