The only secure relay options are:
- No Relay
- Relay for addresses

Todd

---------- Original Message ----------

FROM:      "Samuel J Stanaitis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
TO:        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
DATE:      Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:30:26 -0500

SUBJECT:   RE: [IMail Forum] Relay Options

It's MBS.  Message Board Syndrome.  Kind of like LSS (Lead Singer Syndrome),
minus the talent.  Doesn't matter what board, doesn't matter what context.
There are always people who'll be offended by questions that have been
repeatedly asked, and expend twice the effort it takes to say 'Do a search'
or 'RTFM' to simply berate them and prove how big the platters in their new
7200RPM drive are.  Anonymity and the ability to let off your frustration by
ripping a stranger halfway across the globe can be quite intoxicating.  I
don't have a big deal with it.  Most times I get a kick out of how wound up
some people get by otherwise insignificant details.

Sure, I normally Google the heck out of something before asking, but if I
feel it's quicker just to pop on and ask 'How's this work?' in the midst of
searching for it...that's everyone else's problem if it's been asked before,
not mine.  I'll still get the answer somewhere and they'll get to provide
fodder for weeks of discussion on message board manners.

So beyond that, I actually do have a question valid to the mailing list...
What exactly are the only acceptable relay options for a server so I don't
end up on ORDB?

Thanks,
Sam