On 4/7/2004 7:52 AM, Elliott Bujan wrote:

Is someone out there using Watchguard?
What kind of considerations do I need to take when I put in place a new server? Sometimes Watchguard can be picky or just different from other firewalls. As far as webmail goes, does it make a difference to put the server in the DMZ or behind the trusted interface?

We'll be installing a new Imail server on a new piece of hardware pretty soon and I'm trying to draw my plan of attack to move my existing email users to the new server.

Thank you,

Elliott

Put your email server in the DMZ if you are using a Firebox. The set up the appropriate services using 1-1 NAT. Worked fine for us though we recently outsourced our WAN and Internet service and equipment to Qwest.

Dan