this batch file will create a file that includes the contents of the forward.ima.  You
will need to change the folder locations to match your setup, I have a folder named
GFPSAdmin that I do all this stuff in, that's what you'll need to change as well as
the path to your imail folder.

maybe this will get you to a file you can then do more with....
----------------begin
@echo off

echo.
echo This batch looks for the file named forward.ima in each users
echo directory. It can be used to determine the accounts that have a
echo forward setup. It writes out a file of userids (folders) and the
echo contents of the users forward.ima file
echo. Resulting file is named forwards.log
echo I currenly have it writing out the new forward.ima entry for the user.
echo .
rem pause
d:
cd \imail
del GFPSAdmin\forwards.log
rem building userlist based on directory only
dir /B /AD users>GFPSAdmin\dirlist.txt
echo.>GFPSAdmin\forwards.log

echo Please wait searching directories ...

rem This for loop loops through the dirlist.txt file looking for the filename
rem forward.ima in each folder in the file.  If it finds it, it writesthe
rem folder(userid) to the forwards.log file.
rem Note that this command must all be on one single line:

FOR /F "eol= tokens=1,* delims=/" %%i in (GFPSAdmin\dirlist.txt) do for
%%i in (.\users\%%i\forward.ima) do if exist %%i echo %%i forwards to >>
GFPSAdmin\forwards.log |type %%i >> GFPSAdmin\forwards.log|echo. >>
GFPSAdmin\forwards.log

rem echo Check file GFPSAdmin\forwards.log for details.
rem echo.