-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rod Dorman
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 6:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [IMail Forum] AOL/Reverse DNS Question

On Thursday, June 3, 2004, 19:23:52, Vince wrote:
> Should a PTR record resolve to the name of my mail server?

It would be nice but it isn't a requirement.

> I just moved to a new dedicated server and the new PTR record resolves
> SERVERNAME.usa.prod.interland.net. Should it go to imail.mydomain.com,
which
> is the name of my mail server instead? Interland says that as long as
their
> is a PTR record, then it doesn't matter.

But resolving SERVERNAME.usa.prod.interland.net must return the IP
address used to get the PTR record.

Also imail.mydomain.com must resolve to an IP address.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." ? Ambassador Kosh

---

---