provided your client can do LDAP it should work. Outlook should be ok and hopefully
others are using it with 8.11.

We use a differen client and LDAP works well for us.... however we have not upgraded
to 8.11 yet. The prior verion 8.05 and earlier did well.

not only that, but if your client allows, you can setup organization and department
valuse so, if you can select everyone with a particular department as well.

we are a K-12 school district and we can do this for e-mailing (examples)
e-mail everyone at a particular building or
all 3rd grade teachers at a building or at all buildings.

We also use it as a telephone directory as phone numbers are there as well.

Sorry, I have not moved to 8.11 waiting for better comments on the LDAP piece as it is
very important to us....

bob