The smtp control access list's subnet mask part was another one that took me
forever to figure out (still a little gray but better) and I am surprised
there isn't more talk about that on the list.  Are there not alot of people
using that? Should I consider trying the connection filtering instead? It
sounds like control access is better though??

The Control Access list is better than anything else (it ties with the SMTP Kill List, by killing the connection before the E-mail is sent). So if you have IPs or IP ranges that you want to block, the Kill List is the way to go.

Again, there is the caveat that Control Access and Kill List are both absolute, so they will block *every* E-mail that meets their criteria (as opposed to tests used as part of a weighting system, where legitimate E-mail can get through even if they are listed).

-Scott
---
Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.

---