> Now imagine WorkgroupShare suddenly discontinuing the product
> you are using in your ICS (with literally NO WARNING!) and
> coming out with a "new"

IPSwitch,
you should realy try to immagine this, and...

> I myself have recommended Imail to at least 10 customers in
> the past 3 months.  Never again.

... since your current decision forces me to switch to another product what
will cause definitely a lot of work on my side and you can be 100% sure that
I will do EVERYTHING possible to keep in mind your approach and future
customers away from your company.

If someone somewhere is asking my answer will be that Ipswitch does

-not listen to customer requests
-develope under-functional but overpriced addon modules

And finaly as they discover that nobody will buy for them enforce people to
buy the entire package by another more overpriced offer.

That should be enough that many people will keep hands away from your
company. Hopefully at least the same price I'm paying for to bring around
1800 mailboxes spread around the internet to another mailserver! I' realy
want to know if the genius at Ipswitch has had this position in his "new
strategy calculation".

Offending? Maybe!
IPSwitch: Do you consider it correct publishing your decision over night
without any previous anouncement? (except the pre anouncement in germany)
What about the v8.12 release note "optional collaboration module" ?
Is this correct from your side or should we consider this as deception?

Any offensive note you can read in this message and in in hundreds of others
these days, are a RE-action to what you have done. Nothing else!

What do you realy expect from your customers regarding the 10x pricing
factor? At least have the honour and say clearly what you aim for with this
step. Your silence is definitively not helpfull, except your intention is to
kick your customers in the ass.

Markus