I've got a number of IP address ranges blocked in my SMTP control access list. I will be putting an email gateway in place soon that will be the first place email arrives, and it will then pass email along to my Imail server. If I do that, will the SMTP control access list still work, or would I need to implement something similar on the email gateway server instead?

You would need to implement something on the gateway. The only way that IMail will know the IP that connected to the gateway is if it sees the body of the E-mail, but by that point, most of the advantage of blocking the IP at the SMTP connection is gone (and the Control Access list can't be set up that way anyways).

-Scott
---
Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.

---- This outgoing message is guaranteed to be authentic by Message Level users. Guarantee the authenticity of your email @ http://www.messagelevel.com. --- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]