That's good to know. Our new server board has a built in Intel NIC. If the 3com were to tank, the Intel will make a nice immediate backup.

Bill
----- Original Message -----
From: Matt
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: [IMail Forum] Web Mail

Same here, though we had IMail 7 running on them also.  First with ones built into an Intel brand server board, and now with Intel NIC's built into SuperMicro server boards.

I saw the old discussion that seemed to discover the issue.  It was from back in 2002.  It definitely seemed like there was an issue with certain brands, especially at higher speeds (the description and diagnosis was seemingly solid and Ipswitch admitted to issues in an E-mail that was shared).  I would hope that given almost 3 years they have managed to correct whatever issues they were having since this equipment is now the norm.

Matt

Darin Cox wrote:
We've run on Intel Pro NICs for years with no problem...we skipped IMail 7, though...went from 6 to 8.

Darin.