Gary,

I could only hope that the spammer who targets me resides in California, as
criminal code pertaining to hacking and spamming make what most spammers do
within this state a felony, not just some piddly civil offense. As far as I
know, the CAN-SPAM Act can only override state civil laws, and not criminal
ones.

Fortunately, I have a good attorney, and am not too worried about getting
sued by a spammer, let alone an ISP that got tarpitted. I'm sure that I
would be the least of their worries if they got their mail server "owned" by
a spammer anyway.

I don't think that SpamCannibal could possibly "kill" any reasonably
designed mail server that was trying to deliver a single message to my
server. It would take hitting multiple SpamCannibal servers in order to do
any actual "damage", if you want to call it that. My server would only slow
them down a bit and stop their spam delivery to me. That's certainly nothing
that they could collect any damages for.

William Van Hefner
Network Administrator
Vantek Communications, Inc.